BE A GOOD CITIZEN
To be a good citizen, one must possess certain qualities which include;
- Considers others’ feelings and safety. He is not selfish. He appreciates others’ efforts. He observes traffic regulations.
- Respects others ‘opinions. He does not feel that he knows everything or that he should impose his will on every other person.
- Obedient to authority.
- Keeps himself informed by reading notices, newspaper and listening to the radio. He avoids spreading unfounded news and misleading others.
- Puts himself at the service of community work. He keeps his compound clean; he attends meetings to discuss development projects and contributes towards such projects.
- Protects and helps the weak and the poor. For example, he should help children, the handicapped and the old people to cross roads. He gives directions to strangers who need his help.